What are Fractional tokens?
Fractional tokens, or RFTs, are a refungible token format that allows users to fractionalize their tokens, providing an opportunity for shared ownership
They democratize ownership, allowing multiple users to own a piece of an asset and make traditionally indivisible assets, like NFTs, divisible and more accessible.
Why are Fractional tokens unique?
- Native token standard. Not add-ons or plugin features; they’re intrinsic to the very essence of our NFTs.
- Smart contracts not required
- No need to code (everything in wallet)
- Art Sharing – High-value artwork NFTs can be fractionalized to allow multiple users to invest and enjoy shared ownership
- Real Estate – Property ownership can be fractionally tokenized to allow affordable investment opportunities
- Collectibles – Rare collectibles can be shared among enthusiasts or investors.
- Loyalty Programs – Reward users with fractional shares of limited editions, fostering engagement and exclusivity
- Reselling Shares – Owners of fractional tokens could sell their shares for a profit when the value of the whole asset appreciates
- Crowdfunding – Creators could use fractional tokens to crowdfund their projects, offering a share of the project's NFT as a reward
- Democratize ownership of artwork – make your art more accessible for potential collectors
- Membership – Charge a membership fee for exclusive access to fractional token investment opportunities
How can Fractional tokens benefit your users?
- Affordability – Fractional tokens make high-value assets affordable and accessible
- Shared Ownership – Users can own a piece of an asset they admire or value without bearing the full cost
- Increased Liquidity – Fractional tokens provide increased liquidity in the NFT market
- Potential for Profit – If the whole asset appreciates in value, each fractional token can also increase in value
- Unleash the power of co-ownership for your end-users, allowing them to envision themselves as co-owners of exquisite art, real estate, and many other valuable assets
How can I create Fractional tokens?
- Design your collection, develop collection tokens traits and prepare the digital assets (image, audio, video, doc)
- Set up the development environment for using the SDK in two easy steps (step-by-step setup video here)
- Determine the RFT attributes that dictate the number of fractions in each token
- Mint the NFTs
- View the NFTs in UniquerWallet or UniqueScanner